Kulp k8 pb

No1Daemon

New elf
Hi all
I had a macbook crash and lost all my data.
Attempting to set up my controller from scratch.

I have the kulp k8 pb and I have formatted the SD card, installed fpp with balena etc her and then tried usb tethering

I cannot connect to it via web browser for some reason.
I have connected and the controller boots okay. I have tried both Google Chrome and safari trying 192.168.6.2 and it won't connect.
I have an edup wireless adapter plugged in also that I purchased at the same time as the controller.
192.168.8.1 doesn't connect, nor is it broadcasting a wifi that's in my list I can connect to.
It just alternates on the screen between player idle and wifi Hotspot with a qr code but I don't think I can scan it using my macbook.

Any help appreciated

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Hi all
I had a macbook crash and lost all my data.
Attempting to set up my controller from scratch.

I have the kulp k8 pb and I have formatted the SD card, installed fpp with balena etc her and then tried usb tethering

I cannot connect to it via web browser for some reason.
I have connected and the controller boots okay. I have tried both Google Chrome and safari trying 192.168.6.2 and it won't connect.
I have an edup wireless adapter plugged in also that I purchased at the same time as the controller.
192.168.8.1 doesn't connect, nor is it broadcasting a wifi that's in my list I can connect to.
It just alternates on the screen between player idle and wifi Hotspot with a qr code but I don't think I can scan it using my macbook.

Any help appreciated

I've never run a Kulp board, however, fpp should be fairly standard.

How are you trying to connect to the K8? Are you physically using a network cable or are you trying to do it wirelessly? Is the controller connected to you router/switch or directly to the Mac?

The easiest way would be to plug the K8 into your local router/switch and let it pull an IP address using DHCP. Otherwise, you need to change the IP address manually on your Mac to match that of the controller to connect and configure it.

darylc

404 darylc not found
be careful with usb tethering, it's known to blow up some of the kulp boards permanently.

merryoncherry

Senior elf
I configured some Kulp boards based on the PB before (K40D-PB, but probably the same) but I added a USB Ethernet to it (which I use for networking anyway). This was straightforward because it responds to the default FPP listening address, or you can set the IP w/ the OLED / buttons.

No1Daemon

New elf
I've never run a Kulp board, however, fpp should be fairly standard.

How are you trying to connect to the K8? Are you physically using a network cable or are you trying to do it wirelessly? Is the controller connected to you router/switch or directly to the Mac?

The easiest way would be to plug the K8 into your local router/switch and let it pull an IP address using DHCP. Otherwise, you need to change the IP address manually on your Mac to match that of the controller to connect and configure it.

So far I have just been following the manual and only connecting to the BB using usb tethering.
Then the manual gives the address 192.168.6.2 for a Mac which is a usb ip but the browser doesn't connect

I also read another person's post answered by D Kulp that said their usb wifi adapter may be active, I have an edup wifi adapter connected, and to try 198.168.8.1 or it may be broadcasting a wifi Hotspot called FPP with the password Christmas

I'll try to find a usb ethernet adapter and try one of the suggested methods posted in reply here
Thanks

No1Daemon

New elf
I have successfully connected to and setup my network now.
Thanks for the advice
I am setting up a Hansen He123-rx
Do I need to select "with expansion" in xlights or will it discover it natively?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
I have successfully connected to and setup my network now.
Thanks for the advice
I am setting up a Hansen He123-rx
Do I need to select "with expansion" in xlights or will it discover it natively?
You will need to set With Expansion so that it configures ports 17 and onwards, otherwise xLights will only let you map ports 1-16.