Falcon F48-NS pixel count

dannyp

Full time elf
Hi I have a Falcon F48-NS to which I am connecting a Smart receiver (SRX2 V4.00). I have Boscoyo Mesmeriser which has 1117 pixels. I have downloaded the lodel from Boscoyo and it is wired up as per the wiring diagram. However when I try and upload the data to the controller, I am getting a message that the maximum number of nodes on that port is 704. I thought the Smart Receivers could handle over 1000 nodes. Am I configuring the controller wrongly? Any idea how I can get the model to work?

I thought I could just say there were 2 strings, but the model doesnt divide equally and it also mucks up the sequence as it doesnt display properly. Attached is a screen shot of my setup. Any help would be great.

Cheers1699786135708.png
Danny

darylc

404 darylc not found
For a F48v4-NS you'll need to use more than 1 port. The absolute max it can do is 1024 pixels in 32 port mode, or 704 pixels in 48 port mode. Typically people would use shadow models to do it for a custom prop like that.

dannyp

Full time elf
Thanks. So to put it in 32 port mode, I just change the Variant in the controller setup? I don't know anything about shadow models but will look them up.

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
So I *think* you don't need to use shadow models for a prop like this. (you do need to for a matrix, but not a custom prop).

If you change # of strings to 2.
And then select "India Start Nodes"
Then you can specify the start node for each string.
So if string 1 is 1-700 - its start node is 1. And string 2 starts at 701.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
. I thought the Smart Receivers could handle over 1000 nodes.
Yes, and no.
Yes they can do 2800 pixels for the whole receiver, but that is over the 4 ports, at 700 per port, so no, not per individual port.

Follow @thewanderingpine's advice above, run two (or more) cables to multiple ports, and split the start nodes appropriately.

dannyp

Full time elf
Got it going. I followed the video on setting up shadow models. It was a pretty short video and easy to follow. All works well now. Thanks everyone