How Many Song to Play in Playlist

Baron

Apprentice elf
For those who have done shows for a while now, how many songs do you recommend playing? Should I have a longer playlist (30+ or an hour show) or is there a limit one should consider and loop the songs?

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Its all personal preference. I try to keep it short and sweet at 15-20 minutes and mix up the playlist from time to time. Shorter the show the more traffic tends to move along.

Baron

Apprentice elf
Thank you so much.... I like the idea of mixing it up and to keep the traffic moving along. I am not expecting much traffic since this is my first year. (I am just hoping it all works). I have everything built - but am a bit nervous to set it up and just hoping it all works as planned. I am just grateful for all the help I have received.

bpratt

Senior elf
Your choice, whilst a 45 minute show works for me, you might find if your show gets super busy a 15 minute would be more than enough to keep the traffic moving.

abundy

Full time elf
I have found that 4-5 songs followed by a 1-2 minute announcement about keeping noise down or driveways clear worked well. People tend to stay around if it is just one song after another, where as they will move on if there is a break.