Moving Heads using a kulp16A-B

lsmithfla

New elf
Wanted to know if anyone is using a Kulp 16AB for their moving heads. If you are, Are you using the TTY Port
Or DMX to RJ45.
Any assistance, would be greatly appreciated.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Wanted to know if anyone is using a Kulp 16AB for their moving heads. If you are, Are you using the TTY Port
Or DMX to RJ45.
Any assistance, would be greatly appreciated.
DMX is the standard for moving head lights.

So a RJ45 connector to 3 pin (or 5 pin) DMX is needed to to connect your moving head lights.
1632031554689.png

It's a Kulp, so xLights can configure all the settings for you.

This is mostly related to a Falcon but xLights settings and programming a head can be found in here:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l29-NUje9o

Jarrad33

150k of Pixels for 2023
Its not as easy as that Mark with the Kulps

I have only been able to get a K8 working with DMX properly but I have to change the model to a F8 with serial (you have to change this in the Expert mode of FPP)

Im no expert on the the full config of a K32 or K16 though

lsmithfla

New elf
Yes, that seems to be the issue. Anything I have been able to find in the manual is that you set to F8. Going to try that and see. As it seems the Kulp does not have an easy plug and play for Moving heads. Thanks for the feedback.

Jarrad33

150k of Pixels for 2023
I did get in contact with Daniel Kulp about this a while ago and this is email below. Someone smart than me can maybe able to understand it more than I can with his response.Capture22.JPG

dan_ben

New elf
Its not as easy as that Mark with the Kulps

I have only been able to get a K8 working with DMX properly but I have to change the model to a F8 with serial (you have to change this in the Expert mode of FPP)

Im no expert on the the full config of a K32 or K16 though
Can you give a quick rundown on setting up a moving head on the K8 as far as fpp and xlights setting?