Power injection direct from PS

Homer911

New elf
I have a DugQuad for my first megatree.

I need to have 8 PI. I have 3 coming direct from the controller and I want another 5 direct from the PS.

Question is, how should I hook it all up? There are not enough terminals on the PS.

If I was to add them together they would look like this. Plus an additional 2 wires

Surely that’s not right? Wouldn’t that be the same as using a larger gauge wire?

I will be using a fuse block to connect the PS PI line to the lights.

IMG_7186.jpeg

scamper

Dedicated elf
Either get a power block run some large cable to that and then each smaller wire from there, a lot of people use Alan Hansons distro boards, but if you are in a hurry and want to jerry rig something still with fuses, go to an auto parts supplier and get some auto fuse blocks.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
I use fuse blocks from Amazon, but anything that Hanson Electronics or David sells above would be perfect. Single large gauge wire from the PSU to the distribution, and then splitting to the multiple smaller wires on the output

Homer911

New elf
Should I power the DigQuad from the Distro board or directly from the PS?

Don't think it matters really, it would just offer a double fuse for the controller, eh?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
The controller itself isnt fused. Only the pixel outputs on it are. The fuses are to protect the cable, so if you run a small gauge cable to the controller, you should run a small fuse. This is in case that wire shorts, it doesnt burn up.