Power Injection from 2nd power supply is causing pixels to randomly flicker

jamesssydney

New elf
Afternoon,

I have a prop which I'd like to add some power injection to, with the injection coming from a 2nd power supply. I have connected a male and female pigtail together with only the data and negative points connected. I place this custom pigtail connector between the last prop into a T connector for the power injection and then into the next prop (kitchen window). The kitchen window prop flickers all shorts of random colours. The kitchen window prop works fine if connected directly to previous prop with out the injection.

I thought it might be the custom pigtail being wired incorrectly, so created another without soldering and as soon as the data wires are connected the prop begins to flicker. This is also the same if I connect a new strand of pixels.

Have also tried a different T connector and also get the same result.

If I connect the power injection with the positive+ included (not ideal) the kitchen window prop lights up as normal and is brighter as expected.

The 2nd power supply is providing injection for other pixels in the display and not causing any issues.

5V pixels
Falcon F16v3 controller

Kind regards

James