Very Happy First Timer

I have just (almost) completed packing down after my first year of doing pixels. And I can say I'm officially hooked. about 3500 pixels later, including a (very) last minute 5m mega tree.

There are a fee houses in my cul-de-sac that do standard Christmas lighting, and that's what we did last year (my fist year living here) but after wanting to get into this hobby for years, I but the bullet and dove in for 2023.

After a few last minute late nights I got the show up and running from the last weekend of November, and our street got busier and busier each weekend up until Christmas.

Some of the stats and highlights from my first year
  • Controllers - 16 output Genius + 4 output Long Range
  • FPP on a Raspberry Pi 4
  • Approx. 3500 pixels (Bullet and Square from Ray Wu)
    • House Outline - Attached with Bunnings PVC angle
    • 3 x Christmas Props Australia Large Candy Canes
    • Tune To Sign - Extreme Christmas Lights
    • Home made 5.5m Mega Tree (with lots of assistance from my father)
  • Push For Music Button (A Massive Hit)
I have also run for the last 2 years a Christmas Lights Map on Proxi - this has been a massive hit on Facebook too.

I have lots planned for 2024 adding 2000 - 3000 more pixels and a custom Magic Santa's North Pole Letter Box

Lindsayr

New elf
I have just (almost) completed packing down after my first year of doing pixels. And I can say I'm officially hooked. about 3500 pixels later, including a (very) last minute 5m mega tree.

There are a fee houses in my cul-de-sac that do standard Christmas lighting, and that's what we did last year (my fist year living here) but after wanting to get into this hobby for years, I but the bullet and dove in for 2023.

After a few last minute late nights I got the show up and running from the last weekend of November, and our street got busier and busier each weekend up until Christmas.

Some of the stats and highlights from my first year
  • Controllers - 16 output Genius + 4 output Long Range
  • FPP on a Raspberry Pi 4
  • Approx. 3500 pixels (Bullet and Square from Ray Wu)
    • House Outline - Attached with Bunnings PVC angle
    • 3 x Christmas Props Australia Large Candy Canes
    • Tune To Sign - Extreme Christmas Lights
    • Home made 5.5m Mega Tree (with lots of assistance from my father)
  • Push For Music Button (A Massive Hit)
I have also run for the last 2 years a Christmas Lights Map on Proxi - this has been a massive hit on Facebook too.

I have lots planned for 2024 adding 2000 - 3000 more pixels and a custom Magic Santa's North Pole Letter Box

Great to hear, looks great.

My first year too with around 2300 pixels. Looking to add 5k more for this year.

can I ask how you did your push for music setup?

Great to hear, looks great.

My first year too with around 2300 pixels. Looking to add 5k more for this year.

can I ask how you did your push for music setup?
Hey Lindsayr

for the setup I used a 12v amp and 12v relay timer from amazon then just an aux splitter from my RPi into the amp, which is connected to two cheep (from FB market place) outdoor speakers I hide in the garden, I then use an connect (you can use whatever you're using) to run cable out to the sign and button to trigger the 12v relay

The sign was designed in Canva and printed from Vista Print,

https://www.amazon.com.au/PAM8610-Channel-Digital-Stereo-Amplifier/dp/B07PDGDKRW/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1YLP4QM3UIHC8&keywords=12v+amplifier+pcb&qid=1705194413&sprefix=12v+amplifier+pc,aps,248&sr=8-5 (not the exact on I used)

IMG_8195 Medium.jpeg
Excuse the loose wires, I'm adding a cycle counter for this year, Soooo many people in the neighbourhood ask me how many people press the button and I honestly have no idea, with the layout of my house, unless im outside I don't really see they people driving/walking past my display
IMG_8196 Medium.jpegIMG_8197 Medium.jpeg

What are you adding this year? I’m adding about 3k with mostly props

Lindsayr

New elf
Looks great. I have purchased some parts to look at adding something this year as well although planning on using fm receiver as the transmitter is in the house.

Looking to add icicles to top roof line and straight lights on bottom roof line. Also a couple of high density spinner type props (yet to decide which ones), 4 arches which will be custom made, 3 smaller flat trees and a fence elf... I think that is it at the moment, will see how I go. Love the possibilities!