Release 2024.10 Released

keithsw1111

Senior elf
2024.10 Apr 30, 2024

– enh (MrPierreB) Add ability to control the highlight color for the Bars effect

– enh (gil) Add Preset support for Dimmers

– enh (gil) Adjust Moving Head mesh materials and allow user to control brightness

– enh (PeteMathews) Support controller from ILightThat

– enh (gil) Preview Moving Head beam brightness uses dimmer

– enh (gil) Add “Dimmer” tab to new moving head effect

– enh (cybercop23) Allow export/import of aliases for all model types

– enh (derwin12) Add option to Display Elements to sort bases on node counts

– bug (derwin12) Fix submodel node updates when changing to new submodel choice

– bug (cybercop23) Suppress “Add To groups” if source model doesn’t belong to any groups

– bug (gil) Fix crash in MovingHeadPanel with non-moving head models

– bug (gil) Fix migration of moving heads with negative range or motion

– bug (gil) Fix DmxMovingHead orientations ot match new model

– bug (gil) Fix Moving Head default node names

– bug (gil) Fix Moving Head Copy/Paste and presets

– bug (derwin12/scott) Fix some issues with UTF-8 characters in media filenames

– bug (scott) Fix State effect panel using Faces intead of states

– bug (dkulp) Fix various layer blending issues with Moving Heads/DMX models

– bug (dkulp) Fix some crashes with effects on empty groups

– bug (dkulp) Fix Model Preview of Tree/Cube/Sphere in some unusual circumstances

xLights is available for download from https://xlights.org/releases/

Issue tracker: https://github.com/xLightsSequencer/xLights/issues
Video tutorials: https://videos.xlights.org
xLights user manual: https://manual.xlights.org/xlights/

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Hi Keith,

Thank you for all the work you do. Can someone please fix the obnoxious group center marker? This is past annoying now.

Group Center Cross.png

crazymofo

Apprentice elf
Hi guys. I have upgraded from 2024.03 to 2024.10 overnight and have run into a crash that i can’t work out, as it relates to only one group (horizontal lines). My computer locks up for several minutes and when xlights eventually closes itself there is no error report generated. It renders and plays fine in 2024.03, but i have tried releases 2024.04-2024.10 and encountering the same issue. I will include a packaged sequence if anyone is able to help.

Attachments

• crash_test.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 5

fugley

Apprentice elf
never locked up the computer or crashed it BUT it took a SHOCKINGLY long time to render the horizontals ... 10/15 minutes plus

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi guys. I have upgraded from 2024.03 to 2024.10 overnight and have run into a crash that i can’t work out, as it relates to only one group (horizontal lines). My computer locks up for several minutes and when xlights eventually closes itself there is no error report generated. It renders and plays fine in 2024.03, but i have tried releases 2024.04-2024.10 and encountering the same issue. I will include a packaged sequence if anyone is able to help.
You might want to raise this on the xLights GitHub for the developers to take a look at. https://github.com/xLightsSequencer/xLights/issues
These release posts are automated, and attributed against Keith, they are not authored by hand.

crazymofo

Apprentice elf
never locked up the computer or crashed it BUT it took a SHOCKINGLY long time to render the horizontals ... 10/15 minutes plus
Admittedly my laptop isn’t the best, in desperate need of an upgrade this year. In 2024.03 it takes 10secs to render and it’s fine. Weird.

dkulp

Full time elf
On my Mac, it took 0.53s to render, and that's with the debug build of xLights. Not sure what to suggest.

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Admittedly my laptop isn’t the best, in desperate need of an upgrade this year. In 2024.03 it takes 10secs to render and it’s fine. Weird.
It took me 72 minutes to render the test sequence on 2024.10 on my PC. The last full render for my latest sequence took under 30 seconds.

crazymofo

Apprentice elf
Submitted a bug report on GitHub, hopefully i was able to give enough info. If i place the same effects on the model itself rather than the group i have no problem with it.

crazymofo

Apprentice elf
I will update my GitHub issue, but… i have found the problem (i’m just not exactly sure what it relates to though). So i have a horizontal group with one horizontal line in it, that is the group giving me problems. If i add a 2nd horizontal model into that group, the crashing and stalling disappears.

i feel it is something to do with centre offset definition

Last edited:

Gilrock

Full time elf
Hi Keith,

Thank you for all the work you do. Can someone please fix the obnoxious group center marker? This is past annoying now.

View attachment 25787

Have you posted your layout? I don't recall anyone asking for this to change. It originally was thin and people complained it wasn't big enough. Can't tell from that screenshot cause its clipped so I have no frame of reference to know how much you've zoomed in or cropped.

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Here is an export of my layout with the King Diamond group selected.

KingLayout.jpg

Gilrock

Full time elf
I'd prefer it smaller myself. Guess we'll need another setting. Click the 3D button it will go away. :)