Hot glue on seed pixels

mannuoye

New elf
Hi everyone,
Weather was quite hot yesterday and still hot today.
I hot glued a string of seed pixels on an aluminium window. It is still hanging by a small drop of glue.
anyone else tried this for longer term?
I was thinking to do this to create a seed pixel matrix and stick it to windows.
PS: I also tried the same on a brick wall. That is holding as well.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
I tried hot glue for my seeds onto a wire mesh frame. Was absolutely rubbish. The pixels are too smooth and there wasn't the surface area for it to bind to.

merryoncherry

Senior elf
I tried hot glue for my seeds onto a wire mesh frame. Was absolutely rubbish. The pixels are too smooth and there wasn't the surface area for it to bind to.
I am curious if there'd be a different result if you glued to the wire instead of the pixel, or used enough glue that it went all the way around the wire (the pixel wire, the mesh frame wire, both wires)?

Essentially, I'm curious to see pictures of what worked and what didn't, because I have a hard time visualizing how the glue was applied.

mannuoye

New elf
I'm surprised that it's held up. Have you had any really hot days?
Its 37 degrees outside today
cool, seems like i will need to think about some other way. Don’t really want matrixes on the floor.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
I am curious if there'd be a different result if you glued to the wire instead of the pixel, or used enough glue that it went all the way around the wire (the pixel wire, the mesh frame wire, both wires)?

Essentially, I'm curious to see pictures of what worked and what didn't, because I have a hard time visualizing how the glue was applied.
I will get some photos from that tangled mess :)
When I was putting it together, I tried all sorts of different glue places; wire; pixel; encasing (this was inevitable while I just blobbed it in place). My fingers were quite sore from the little burns by the end haha...

It appeared to work initially, but then the bond broke after a few days of hanging in the workshop before installation.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
I will also add that the other glued portions ended up separating after being on the roof; mind you they were on the hot solar panels and one day we had 45*C in the shade, I hate to know what the temperature was on the panels.

darylc

404 darylc not found
I tried to glue seed pixel wires together into a mesh, tried with several types of glue, it just doesn't work.

Johnnyboy

Full time elf
Try with some roofing silicon, I’ve had really good results with using a small dab directly on roof tiles as well as standard tiles. I’m sure it would work way better than hot glue