Quick and dirty show start button

bepa

New elf
Hi everyone!

Since the last (also quick and dirty) start button for my show died on the last day, I decided to make a new one. But because I only have 2 days left, I only spent two hours to create my button:

1701275214505.png

It is magnet mounted on my letterbox and the people can select a show and start it from there. I don't want to have scheduled shows, so this was the way to offer more than the "boring" idle-show.

1701275294949.png

After starting a show, a 45min timer locks the interface to prevent annoyed neighbors.

1701275345450.png
It is connected like all of my system with watertight RJ45 connectors, everything is glued with silicone, a acrylic sheet over the display seals it (hopefully) watertight. On the side is it possible to connect a steel cable to prevent theft.
It uses an ESP32 which connects to the show network and controls FPP via its REST API.

Maybe this is an inspiration for someone.

Greets
bepa

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
That's quite ingenious and unique. When I read the title I was expecting something like half a button strapped to a piece of painted cardboard 🤣 this has decent effort going into it, and heaps of potential for expansion.

vk3heg

Full time elf
That is really neat, could be a handy way to control the show if you're out talking to people rather than bringing out your phone and loading FPP.

But then they wont get the surprise of it being able to handle phone control, like every thing else... :cool: