Show your layout

christmasdave

Full time elf
I'm well on the way of setting up for this year, but I would really like to do something different on my roof next year.

Every house is different (I'm very jealous of those of you with peaks on your roof) and I would love to see other peoples layouts to get some ideas of what can be done.

Here's my layout for this year (unless I decide to change something at the last minute haha!)
Once I actually finish setting it all up I'll be taking a new background photo and resizing everything to match

layout.png

Hope everyone's having a blast getting ready for December! (or end of October if you do a show for Halloween)

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
As someone with peaks on the roof, I'm jealous of your flat roof and prop mounting area 🤣

1696757201688.png

Edit: Added picture, trying to get a decent "static" view in 3D mode is fun!

Last edited:

Johnnyboy

Full time elf
Flat roof would be sweet for whole roof matrix!

this is my layout for the year

Attachments

• IMG_3525.jpeg
    IMG_3525.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 18

Wayne1

Apprentice elf
Every wanted a bigger house just for more space to mount the props????????.....my wife thinks that's a bit extreme, but I can't afford a new wife and a new house lol

CargoLights

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
I build 1/2" EMT frames at a pitch that matches my roof, put magnets on them, and attach metal disks to the roof with screws and flashing sealant. I also use magnets to attach bats where you see roof snowflakes on this layout at Halloween, so that I can switch them out from a ladder without getting on my roof.

Christmas Layout.jpg

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
The layout I am trying to get out right now.
Halloween2023.jpg

This is my rough Christmas layout, it will need some adjustments.
Christmas2023.jpg